Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Not Again

Shouting, pleasing, life's elixir left all over the floor to be mopped up by a nurse deprived of luck this shift. The ruckus after classes today was created by two morons attempting to stab one another with spoons sharpened at the ends when eyes were not watching.

This doesn't happen too often, but it's not unheard of inside the closed walls and minds of this prison. Things like this make me remember, and I'd sell my mortal soul for a moment away from the nightmares. A way to wipe clean my memory of events prior to two years ago, to start anew instead of spend my days in this corner of the world where I reside, inhumane and drained of warmth.

But K says it's better to remember everything, no matter how painful. I just nod and pretend it's fine even though she probably wouldn't be saying that if she had experienced the same thing. I can picture it now, Madam K huddled in a corner, rocking back and forth like a child in a thunderstorm.

It's a beautiful thought.

6 comments:

  1. I hope things get better for you. I'm saw on your last post how you enjoy tea. I'm just getting into hot tea myself, and so far I am loving it! I hope that you'll at least have a better day than you did on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you, you've opened yourself up to a new world of flavors. Tea is an global thing, and you will surely find some heavenly blend you enjoy more than others. I know for a fact Chinese white tea was a nice, sweet tea to try.

    I am unfortunately stuck with just coffee at the moment (As previously mentioned), and even then K is reluctant to give me piping hot liquids after I threw the last horrible cup directly at the face of the nurse who served it to me... I'm not at fault if they poured salt in it instead of sugar. They were trying to kill me first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Lionclaw, I changed my name! (I posted about it on my blog, but I thought it was going to update on my previous posts...I still don't know how to use Blogger all that well.)

    Not to laugh at your having coffee, but you talking about them pouring sugar in it reminds me of when my brother was once forced to eat a pie my grandmother made because he had been milking a situation as my grandmother's "precious darling." He then complained about it, and my mom was like "Oh no, you're going to eat it now."

    Turns out, it was filled with pepper instead of cinnamon. I think he still blames my mom for that, haha.

    I can't drink Coffee, it just has this after flavor that I can't stand. It's a pity you don't have tea there, maybe they'll take a suggestion for it eventually. I'll have to check out that Chineese White tea, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I water down this strong coffee with a lot of milk or creamer.

    Your family sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird, I thought I commented on this. Anyway, what I originally said (or imagined I did) was "They really are, but I'm not sure it's always in a good way."

    And yeah, cream and sugar is the only way I'll drink coffee. It's just too bitter otherwise...but even still it has that Aftertaste that I just cannot tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This site is ridiculous with this string of disappearances. It's one of the few sites that isn't blocked though, so I just have to make do for now with it.

    It depends on the coffee on whether it has a strong aftertaste or not. Maybe it's just the coffee in Texas?

    ReplyDelete